Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Field Experience Reflection

1. How many hours did you complete? I completed 5 hours hours of field experience for REOL 536. 2. In a short paragraph or bulleted list, how did you spend your time? * I was able to teach a KTIP lesson and reflect on the lesson. * I was able to observe a master teacher and get some great ideas and strategies to use with my own students. Some of those strategies were using music and raps with the students, I also liked the use of vocabulary puzzles, the students used to extend their vocabulary. * I was also able to pick her brain on some occasions to determine what were strategies that worked for her and how she has such great classroom managment and attentiveness. * The students really enjoyed creating the article brochures and being the "Publisher Presenter" as well. 3. How did the experience help you to strengthen at least one Kentucky Teacher Standard? The experience helped me with KTS 2 by getting assistance from my teacher observed and planning and designing instruction using Common Core and making sure my objective aligned with the standards. Also KTS 8 by collaborating with my colleague to find more stratigies and fun activities and ideas for students. 4. Talk about one thing you learned because of this field experience. I have learned that it is very important to relate to the students either by using songs, raps, or poems in which the students can connect with. I often forget what students really enjoy and can help them learn; yet, I was quickly reminded when I walked into her room and she tries to use so much of that to help the students learn. Overall, I was so glad to learn many new strategies and ways to help students when teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment